This is an adopted recipe that I am honored to have.
Make and share this Vanilla Sugar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, scraping down bowl each time, then add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and mix at low speed until dough just comes together.
- Knead a couple of times just until smooth, then pat into a flat disk, wrap in plastic and chill until firm enough to roll.
- Roll and cut as desired and place on parchment-lined sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes.
This is a perfect sugar cookie for holiday decorating...but make sure you don't cover up the taste of these delicious yummers. They can definitely stand on their own. The cookies aren't a flaky, more brittle sugar cookie. They hold up nicely under decorating conditions but without the bland, cardboard flavor you usually have to accept from a sturdier cookie. These will DEFINITELY be the cookies i make for my traditional Easter sugar cookie decorating.
This is now my go-to cut out cookie recipe. So easy to work with and holds the shape of any type of cookie cutter! I'm adding this to our family cookbook so that we can always find it easily. Thanks for sharing!
A great cookie! Just what I think of with a sugar cookie. I made half the recipe and mixed everything by hand, which worked our really well. I left the dough in the fridge for 2 days(didn't get to them when I thought I would), but did not notice any problems because of that. I rolled them out between two sheets of plastic wrap which helped when I had to flip the dough a few time to fix the cracking that was going on while rolling. They tasted wonderful too, everyone at work ate them up!