Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the Gray Whale Inn, Ft. Bragg, CA circa late 1980's. This is an extravagant coffee cake. Best for a crowd!
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 354.88 ml softened butter
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 354.88 ml sour cream
- 7.39 ml pure vanilla extract
- 177.44 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 177.44 ml chopped nuts
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 29.58 ml vanilla
- 29.58 ml warm water
- Preheat oven to 325. Butter a Bundt pan.
- In medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Combine butter and sugar in large mixing bowl and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each.
- Blend in sour cream and vanilla.
- Gradually add dry ingredients and beat well.
- In separate medium bowl, combine brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon.
- Turn 1/3 of cake batter into buttered pan. (Blob it in and spread around evenly with a spatula.).
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of the nut mixture.
- Repeat. (1/3 batter, remaining 1/2 nut mix.).
- Add remaining 1/3 batter to pan and smooth to cover.
- Mix 2 T. vanilla and 2 T. warm water in small bowl and spoon over top of batter.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes.
- Cool completely before removing from pan.
- Texture will be moist.
This is fantastic Viv. Made this at the coffee/cafe I work for to sell by the slice. A real winner here that will be made again. Thanks for a keeper!~