Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This low calorie treat is great when you want to nibble on something sweet.
- 1⁄3 cup flour, plus
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon ice water
- 2 teaspoons sugar-free strawberry jam
- Onto a sheet of waxed paper, or a paper plate, sift flour and baking powder.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, cream margarine with sugar.
- Add vanilla and lemon peel and stir to combine.
- Add sifted flour and ice water and mix to form dough.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Between 2 sheets of waxed paper, roll dough to about 1/8" thickness.
- Remove top sheet of paper, and using 2 1/2" round cookie cutter, cut out cookies, placing on non-stick baking sheet.
- Form scraps of dough into a ball, and repeat rolling and cutting procedure until all dough has been used.
- Should yield 12 cookies.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Use a spatula to remove cookies and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Top centre of each cooled cookie with an equal amount of no-sugar jam.
These cookies were good! It nice when you don't want any leftover cookies. I personally think they taste better without any jam, so i ended up scraping it off. I also would watch the cooking time because mine were done in just 6 minutes! Thanks for the recipe!