Recipe by Bluenoser
This low calorie treat is great when you want to nibble on something sweet.
Top Review by BestTeenChef
These cookies were good! It nice when you don't want any leftover cookies. I personally think they taste better without any jam, so i ended up scraping it off. I also would watch the cooking time because mine were done in just 6 minutes! Thanks for the recipe!
- 1⁄3 cup flour, plus
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon ice water
- 2 teaspoons sugar-free strawberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Onto a sheet of waxed paper, or a paper plate, sift flour and baking powder.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, cream margarine with sugar.
- Add vanilla and lemon peel and stir to combine.
- Add sifted flour and ice water and mix to form dough.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Between 2 sheets of waxed paper, roll dough to about 1/8" thickness.
- Remove top sheet of paper, and using 2 1/2" round cookie cutter, cut out cookies, placing on non-stick baking sheet.
- Form scraps of dough into a ball, and repeat rolling and cutting procedure until all dough has been used.
- Should yield 12 cookies.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Use a spatula to remove cookies and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Top centre of each cooled cookie with an equal amount of no-sugar jam.