Recipe by **Jubes**
Posting the recipe that came with my Cookie Press for safe keeping. I'm planning to adapt this recipe to be gluten-free suitable. This recipe is using metric measurements (1 cup = 250 mls). Recipe makes about 4 dozen spritz/pressed cookies. A buttery and rich cookie dough that was really easy to work with
- 230 g butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted (plain all-purpose flour)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla and salt, mix well.
- Gently mix in the sifted flour using a spoon.
- Pack dough into the cookie press, as per instructions for using your cookie press.
- Press cookies onto trays, spacing about 2cm apart (one inch).
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Gentley transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Decorate as desired, or eat plain.
- Store cookies in an airtight container. Cookies can be frozen to preserve freshness.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies.