1/2 Photos of Vanilla Sponge Cake- Gluten, Dairy, Nut and Egg Free
1 hr 20 mins
Posting this cake for those who are looking for a cake that is gluten, dairy, egg and nut free. For allergies or food intolerances be sure to read all product labelling and be sure to buy flours that are suitable. This recipe uses a ready mixed gluten-free flour blend that has added gums for baking qualities. If you use a blend that does not have any added gums or gluten-free stabiliser then add in one teaspoon of xantahan or guar gum with the flour. I use ORGRAN brand flour and this is from one of their magazines. Orgran is gluten, dairy, nut, egg free and is vegan diet suitable. As stated - use a general purpose BLENDED gluten-free flour blend for this recipe---this recipe has not been developed for use with coconut flour or almond meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour (use a typical blended general purpose gluten-free plain flour mix -as stated in the intro)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup oil (I use vegetable oil)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon vinegar or 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C Oil and line a round cake tin. (I use 20cm/8inch pan- but smaller or larger will just vary the height of the cake).
- 2Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Use an egg whisk to aerate- their is no need to sift the dry ingredients.
- 3Using a mixing jug, beat the oil, vinegar, vanilla and water together. Mix well.
- 4Make a well in the flour mix and add the wet mix. Beat this together slowly and when mixed through beat with a wooden spoon for a couple of minutes.
- 5Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.The mixture should be the consistency of a thick batter. Cook 45-60 minutes.
- 6When cooked, remove the cake from the oven and allow the cake to cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes before turning out to cool.
- 7Decorate as desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Sponge Cake- Gluten, Dairy, Nut and Egg Free
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.3
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten free baking powder
gluten-free bicarbonate of soda