Recipe by MARIA MAC *
I love slice and bake cookies. You can dip half of the cookie in white or chocolate icing if you like. I leave them plain usually. Make this dough and put it in your freezer until ready to use.
Top Review by Bubbles M.
Made the dough and froze, pulled out of the freezer for a last minute dessert. These were good, but I only got 40 normal sized cookies. Not sure how small they would have to be to get 80! Will add more cinnamon and cardamom next time, as I think the spices got lost with the 2 tsp of vanilla. Will definitely make again. Thanks for an easy recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer, gradually adding sugar and beating well. Add egg and vanilla and beat well. Combine flour, soda, salt and spices; add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in pecans.
- Shape dough into two 12-inch rolls. Wrap in wax paper and chill at least two hours.
- Unwrap rolls and cut into 1/4-inch slices and place on ungreased (or Silpat-lined) baking sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool slightly on baking sheets, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Note: Dough can be frozen for several months. Slice dough while frozen and bake as directed.