Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I love slice and bake cookies. You can dip half of the cookie in white or chocolate icing if you like. I leave them plain usually. Make this dough and put it in your freezer until ready to use.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer, gradually adding sugar and beating well. Add egg and vanilla and beat well. Combine flour, soda, salt and spices; add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in pecans.
- Shape dough into two 12-inch rolls. Wrap in wax paper and chill at least two hours.
- Unwrap rolls and cut into 1/4-inch slices and place on ungreased (or Silpat-lined) baking sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool slightly on baking sheets, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Note: Dough can be frozen for several months. Slice dough while frozen and bake as directed.
Made the dough and froze, pulled out of the freezer for a last minute dessert. These were good, but I only got 40 normal sized cookies. Not sure how small they would have to be to get 80! Will add more cinnamon and cardamom next time, as I think the spices got lost with the 2 tsp of vanilla. Will definitely make again. Thanks for an easy recipe!