Recipe by **Tinkerbell**
My mom once received a small book with cupcake recipes along with a 6-cup silicone muffin pan as a gift. She made these delicious cupcakes and then shared the recipe with me. There are a lot of sour cream or vanilla cupcakes posted here, but not one is even close to this recipe. It can be made in either a silicone or metal pan. It can also easily be doubled or tripled to make larger batches. For the easy fudge frosting shown, check out Easiest Best Fudge Frosting by chef #971177.
Top Review by mizboxster
Aye-aie-aie! HELLO SALTY CUPCAKES. I do believe in order for this recipe to really turn out a good cupcake, the salt measurement needs to be reduced to AT LEAST 1/2 TSPN, if not 1/4TSPN. FAR TOO SALTY the way it is. Otherwise, the idea of a small batch of cupcakes is a good one...for those days when you don't want to make 12-24 and have half of them sitting around! :-)
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line either a 6-cup silicone or metal pan with paper liners.
- In small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- With mixer on medium speed, cream together the butter and sugar until light.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until well blended.
- Gradually beat in half of the dry ingredients, then half of the sour cream. Repeat with the remaining dry ingredients and sour cream.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 6 prepared muffin cups.
- Bake at 350° F for 20-25 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly tapped.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes, then turn out cupcakes and cool completely on rack.