Recipe by *Parsley*
Recipe is from my mom, from her local newspaper. Original recipe only makes one dozen cupcakes, so I am doubling the recips to submit it. Who makes just 12 cupcakes??? ;)
Top Review by normitamelgar72
This is the most delicious recipe ever !!! I will keep on baking this, the only change I made was using cake flour, it makes the cupcakes very fluffy, and the sour cream makes them moist this is delicious !!! I will never change this recipe for another one !!! Thanks !!
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, room temp (2 sticks)
- 4 large eggs
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 13.55-14.78 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml sour cream, light is ok but NOT fat free
- 591.47 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Line cupcake tins with baking papers.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla and sour cream until smooth and creamy.
- Blend remaining dry ingredients together in a seperate bowl. Gradually beat this dry mixture into the creamed mixture.
- Beat until all is well blended.
- Fill cupcake liners 1/2-2/3 way full.
- Bake at 350 for 22-24 minutes or until toothpick tests clean.
- Allow to cool 15-20 minutes before icing with frosting/icing of choice.