Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Recipe is from my mom, from her local newspaper. Original recipe only makes one dozen cupcakes, so I am doubling the recips to submit it. Who makes just 12 cupcakes??? ;)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp (2 sticks)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 3⁄4-3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream, light is ok but NOT fat free
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Line cupcake tins with baking papers.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla and sour cream until smooth and creamy.
- Blend remaining dry ingredients together in a seperate bowl. Gradually beat this dry mixture into the creamed mixture.
- Beat until all is well blended.
- Fill cupcake liners 1/2-2/3 way full.
- Bake at 350 for 22-24 minutes or until toothpick tests clean.
- Allow to cool 15-20 minutes before icing with frosting/icing of choice.
This is the most delicious recipe ever !!! I will keep on baking this, the only change I made was using cake flour, it makes the cupcakes very fluffy, and the sour cream makes them moist this is delicious !!! I will never change this recipe for another one !!! Thanks !!
I made these cupcakes for my Grandson's 2nd birthday party...the adult crowd raved about the cupcakes. I find sour cream or buttermilk makes a moist cupcake/cake.
I love this recipe!! It has great flavor. I use a chocolate cream cheese frosting. I Half the recipe because 24 is to many cupcakes for us.