Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
In '125 Best Cheesecake Recipes' by George Geary
Make and share this Vanilla Sour Cream Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla cookie crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla bean paste
- Crust-in a bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and butter.
- Press into the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan and freeze.
- Filling-in a large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, and sugar on med-high speed for 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla paste and lemon zest.
- Pour batter over frozen crust.
- Bake in a preheated 325° oven for 45-55 minutes or until the top is light brown and the center has a slight jiggle to it.
- Cool on a rack for 2 hours.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before decorating and serving.
- Topping-in a well-chilled bowl, whip cream on med-high speed until soft peaks form.
- With the mixer still running, sprinkle sugar and bean paste into cream and continue whipping until firm peaks form.
- Ice top of cake with the whipped cream.