Recipe by julie6111
You wont be able to eat 'just one' of these. So easy to make and so so easy to eat. This is something my Mum used to make when i was a kid and i just made it for my kids and husband for the first time the other day. They were such a hit that i thought i would post the recipe. Hope you enjoy.
- 30 lattice biscuits (you could use Sao's)
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup cornflour (CORN STARCH)
- 4 tablespoons custard powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk (extra)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (extract or essence)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Line baking try with biscuits (1/2 the pack so you have equal number of biscuits for the top layer later).
- 2. put milk, sugar and butter in saucepan.
- 3. blend corn flour, custard powder with extra milk - add to saucepan and bring to the boil.
- 4. stir until smooth and thick.
- 5. remove from heat and beat in egg and vanilla.
- 6. spread custard over biscuits while hot.
- 7. place more biscuits on top of the custard to line up with the ones at the bottom of the tray.
- 8. refridgerate till set.
- 9. cut into squares and serve.