Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
You wont be able to eat 'just one' of these. So easy to make and so so easy to eat. This is something my Mum used to make when i was a kid and i just made it for my kids and husband for the first time the other day. They were such a hit that i thought i would post the recipe. Hope you enjoy.
- 30 lattice biscuits (you could use Sao's)
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup cornflour (CORN STARCH)
- 4 tablespoons custard powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk (extra)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (extract or essence)
- 1. Line baking try with biscuits (1/2 the pack so you have equal number of biscuits for the top layer later).
- 2. put milk, sugar and butter in saucepan.
- 3. blend corn flour, custard powder with extra milk - add to saucepan and bring to the boil.
- 4. stir until smooth and thick.
- 5. remove from heat and beat in egg and vanilla.
- 6. spread custard over biscuits while hot.
- 7. place more biscuits on top of the custard to line up with the ones at the bottom of the tray.
- 8. refridgerate till set.
- 9. cut into squares and serve.