1/1 Photo of Vanilla Slice - Krempita
Buster's friend's Note:
This Serbian recipe caught my eye both for the ingredients, which are readily accessible in my kitchen, & the clever cutting of the top pastry to delineate servings neatly. Medena's picture of the slice at her wonderful site certainly caught my eye as well! www.cafechocolada.blogspot.com Thank you Medena!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2Let the puff pastry sheets thaw, the roll them out on a lightly floured surface, and bake according to directions on a jelly roll pan.
- 3Let them cool, and then cut out the shape according to the size of the square pan - 9 inch x 13 inch.
- 4Once you cut them to the shape of the pan, cut one sheet into squares (I made 12); that will be the top of the cake.
- 6Mix egg yolks with sugar, until frothy. Add a cup of milk (out of the 6 1/3 cups), and corn starch, and mix well. Set the reminder of milk with vanilla sugar added, to boil, and when it comes to a boil, slowly mix in the yolk mixture, and stir constantly for a minute. Transfer to a large mixing bowl, and let cool completely. When cooled, add the whipped whipping cream, whipped with a stabilizer.
- 7Put the whole sheet on the bottom of the pan, and spread the filling over it. Arrange the cut out sheet on top.
- 8Refrigerate for few hours.
- 9Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Slice - Krempita
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.3
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 154.5 mg
- Sodium 178.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: