Thick custard between 2 sheets puff pastry covered with passionfruit icing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1line 23cm square slab pan with foil, bring foil up to overlap sides of pan.
- 2Place pastry sheets on lightly greased oven trays and bake in hot oven about 6 minutes or until lightly browned, cool.
- 3Gently flatten pastry with hand, fit one pastry sheet into prepared pan.
- 4Combine sugar, cornflour and custard powder in pan, gradually stir in milk, stir until smooth.
- 5Add butter, stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- 6Simmer for 3 minutes or until very thick and smooth.
- 7Remove from heat and add essence and butter.
- 8Pour hot custard over pastry in pan and cover with remaining sheet, press down slightly.
- 9To make icing sift icing sugar into bowl stir in butter, passionfruitjuice and enough water to make a stiff paste.
- 10Spread icing over slice and cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Slice
Serving Size: 1 (2198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.3
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 38.4 mg
- Sodium 139.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: