Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
So simple to make but tastes so...good!
Top Review by James Cook
I made this tonight on a whim--sooooooo good. When I "sampled" the filling as I was cooking, it was so good I went and gave a spoonful to everyone else in the house at the time. Absolutely divine, and relatively easy. I'm in the US, so if anyone's curious, it's a 350 degree oven and about 1 1/4 cups of heavy cream. Also, my pudding mixes were about 96 g, but I just tossed two in anyways, no problem. The two tablespoons of boiling water wasn't enough for me, so I added another two, but then that was too much, so I added a heaping tablespoon of powdered sugar again, and finally managed to get it right. Only thing we discussed changing after eating it was not putting the second sheet of puff pastry flat side up--we thought it might look prettier with the puffed side face up. But honestly, when it tastes as good as this did, it doesn't matter one bit!
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 300 ml heavy cream
- 2 (85 g) packets vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius.
- Place pastry on 2 lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Using electric beater, beat cream until soft peaks form.
- Put vanilla pudding in another bowl and whisk in milk.
- Quickly fold whipped cream into pudding mix and spread over top of one of the pastry sheets.
- Put the other pastry sheet on top, flat side facing upwards.
- Sift icing sugar into bowl, stir in butter and water, and spread this over the top of the pastry.
- Leave for 15 minutes to set.
- Cut using serrated edge knife - into 12 slices.