I was searching for a Vanilla Cake recipe for a friend's birthday and could not find what I wanted, so I combined a few recipes and came up with a very moist, flavorful cake. This recipe includes the cake mix extender I used.My DH who does not like a "white cake" loved it and our friend said it might be my best yet. I used bake even strips to ensure a flat top on the cake and baked at a lower temperature. Hope you enjoy it as much as they did.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package vanilla cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix (4 serving size)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour a 9X13 baking pan.
- 3Mix cake mix, pudding mix, flour, sugar and baking powder together in a large mixing bowl.
- 4Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla extract to dry mixture.
- 5Beat with an electric mixer on low speed till ingredients are incorporated, about 30 seconds.
- 6Stop mixer and scrape down sides of bowl with a spatula.
- 7Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat for 1 1/2 minutes longer or until the batter is blended and smooth.
- 8Pour into prepared pan and bake and bake for 50 minutes or until cake tests done.
- 9Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack in pan for 20-25 minutes before turning out on a cake board or platter. Once removed from pan put in freezer for 2 hours.
- 10To prepare frosting, beat butter/margerine in a large bowl until well creamed.
- 11Add sifted confectioner's sugar and 3 tablespoons of milk a little at a time until well incorporated, about 1 minute.
- 12Add the vanilla, then increase mixer speed to medium and beat the frosting until it is light and fluffy, about another 1 longer.
- 13Add the additional tablespoon of milk if the frosting seems to stiff.
- 14Frost cake and decorate as desired.
Browse Our Top Birthday Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Sheet Cake With Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.1
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 76.6 mg
- Sodium 417.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 57.1 g
- Protein 4.8 g