- 2 -3 lbs rutabagas, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 potato, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 8 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the rutabaga and potato until soft, about 25 minutes. Mash the rutabaga, using either a food processor or a potato masher.
- Cut the vanilla bean in half lengthwise, scrape out the seed and sir into the mashed rutabaga. The rutabaga can be left like this for up to 24 hours.
- Just before serving, heat the mashed rutabaga while stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in butter and serve.