Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
A warming, great smelling drink for the holidays. The loose spices work better than ones wrapped in cheesecloth.
- 8 cups apple cider
- 12 black peppercorns, crushed
- 8 whole allspice
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 vanilla bean, 3 inch piece, split lengthwise and scraped
- 1 lemon rind, 2 by 1/2 inch strip
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan, bring to a simmer. Cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain cider through a sieve, and discard solids. Serving size: 3/4 cup.