Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
We made this alot last summer, its very light, good for a lunch or just a snack.
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large peeled seeded and cubed honeydew melon
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- Halve the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out the seeds into a small heavy saucepan.
- Add the vanilla bean, wine, and sugar to the saucepan and heat over low heat for five minutes, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Turn off the heat and let the syrup cool to room temperature.
- Remove the vanilla bean from the sauce.
- Mix the honeydew and blueberries in a large bowl.
- Toss with the vanilla sauce.
- Chill for 2 to 3 hours and serve very cold.
Sublime & classy. I love the flavour combination, which I wouldn't have thought of myself. I found it was quite a lot of syrup for this amount of fruit. When they are in season I'm going to make it with a mixture of red berries.