Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sauce is delicious. It takes a while to thicken.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Bring water to a boil, in a small saucepan.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch; stir well.
- Add sugar mixture to boiling water.
- Reduce heat to medium, stirring constantly, or until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Add butter, vanilla and salt, stirring until butter melts.
Very tasty. The kids said it made the bread pudding taste like ice cream. I don't know how true that is, but it made me giggle. Thanks for the simple and delicious recipe.
this is what we use over pound cake or bread pudding thank you for posting dee