Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This sauce is perfect with the Bread Pudding (Bread Pudding) I posted. You may use it for something else.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Bring water to boil in a small sauce pan.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir well.
- Add sugar mixture to boiling water.
- Reduce heat to medium, stirring constantly or until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Add butter, vanilla, and salt.
- Stir until butter melts.
Nice, smooth, mild tasting sauce that complimented bread pudding very nicely.
I loved your bread pudding that this went with rhonda(seriously folks, check it out!), but I thought this sauce lacked oomph!
Great flavor for the sauce to go with the bread pudding.