My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using vanilla bean, scrape the vanilla seeds out of the bean and set aside.
- 2In a saucepan stir together cream, milk and vanilla seeds or extract and bring to a boil.
- 3You can use more or less vanilla extract, depending on personal preference.
- 4In a bowl whisk together egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch.
- 5Carefully and slowly stir the egg mixture into the cream.
- 6Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and let cool.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (786 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.1
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 231.5 mg
- Sodium 112.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 8.5 g