Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Another one of my grandma's favorite recipes. Everytime she makes it, she reminds me that she had to ask her neighbor Fran for 1/2 cup of rum when she wanted to make this. I have no idea how many servings this makes and she doesn't remember either, so I'm guessing at that and the prep time.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup rum (water can be substituted if you just want a vanilla cake)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- For Cake: Place nuts in the bottom of a greased bundt pan. Combine all remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and pour into the bundt pan over the nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes in the pan and poke cake with skewer or fork all over to create holes for the glaze to sink inches.
- For Glaze: Heat all ingredients until melted. Pour over the cake while still in the bundt pan. Leave the cake in the pan overnight in the refrigerator.
I do like the Rum Cake
Made this for DH's birthday. He loves chocolate, but I thought I'd try this. "New favorite cake." He declared! I used chopped pecans and Malibu rum.