This no bake and gift cookie is from www.MightyCool.com and these are - TO DIE FOR! Try 'em, they're ADDICTIVE! Make ahead, and store in an airtight container(we don't want the tantalizing vapors to vanish!) for at least a week, to enjoy these BEST! Pls. note- Brandy or Bourbon can be substituted for Rum. Also, pls. note - the yield is a guess. Honestly, I feel it depends to a gigantic extent on your power to resist these:)
- 44.37 ml cocoa powder
- 236.59 ml confectioners' sugar (150g)
- 709.77 ml vanilla wafers, crushed (Crush vanilla biscuits and use if you dont get vanilla wafers, 300g)
- 59.16 ml dark corn syrup or 59.16 ml golden syrup
- 118.29 ml dark rum (more or less, depending on personal tastes)
- extra cocoa or ground chocolate, to roll the rum balls in
- In a large bowl, sift together the cocoa and confectioners' sugar.
- In a food processor or blender crush/crumble the vanilla wafers.
- Add the crushed vanilla wafers to the sugar mixture and combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Form the mixture into 1 inch (2. 5 cm) balls with your hands.
- The balls should hold together easily and retain their shape.
- If the mixture is too dry to hold together or too wet to form balls, you can easily adjust the consistency by adding rum/sugar accordingly.
- Sprinkle the extra cocoa or ground chocolate on a flat surface and roll the balls in to coat.
- Have 'em on your cookie tray this year and watch 'em vanish before you know it!