Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These muffins are very moist and are dense compared to normal muffins. They have a very good flavor and my kids really enjoyed them.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered milk or 1⁄2 cup ground up almonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla chip (like Nestle's white chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour,powdered milk, salt, baking powder, sugar,vanilla chips, and spices in a bowl.
- Crumble brown sugar by rubbing it between fingers to break up any clumps.Add this to the dry ingredients.
- Place ricotta cheese in another bowl, beat in milk.
- Add eggs, one at a time,beating with a whisk after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients along with butter into the dry ingredients.
- Using a spoon, stir from bottom of bowl until dry ingredients are moistened. Don't overmix.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
Yummy. They were gone before they cooled. Made a few substitutions. Used ground flaxseed in place of almond meal. Oil in place of butter. Birch Xylitol for sugar. (Same amounts)
Really liked the dense texture and combination of flavours! I used ground almonds and white choclate chips, and kept checking to assure myself that the recipe really calls for only 2 tbls of sugar. I think I'd either make these sweeter by adding more sugar, or else leave out the chips and make a more "neutral" muffin - like ~Ri did! With a bit of tweaking, I will certainly make these again. Thank you for sharing!
I made this muffin today. I did not use the chocolate chips instead I just made it an almond cinnamon muffin. I had almond meal here at the house so I used it instead of the powdered milk. They are very dense but I really love the texture of this muffin. I also added some almod extract. I will make this muffin again and next time I might add some white chocolate chips or nuts to it. Great recipe. Thanks :0)