Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This cake is from McCormick's recipe files. Ultra moist, really does not need any frosting, all around great cake that my son requests for his birthday yearly.
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix, any brand
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Put cake mix in large bowl.
- Add oil, water, eggs, sour cream and vanilla.
- Beat until well-blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spray large bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Let cool in pan at least 1 hour.
- Invert pan onto serving platter to release cake.
- Ice if desired with following icing: 3 Tablespoons melted butter mixed with 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 2-1/2 cups powdered sugar and around 2 tablespoons whipping cream.
I wanted this to be more of a snack cake, so I baked it in a 9x13 in. pan, and I must say it's going fast! A very quick, easy, tasty cake. Thanks!