Recipe by Charlotte J
From the magazine "Delicious" August 2005. I figure I can just bake some of my rhubarb with a little sugar to sweeten things up. As far as that goes I could just cook the rhubarb in a sauce pan on top of the stove.
Top Review by bettemidler
taste buds on vanilla pudding.I"ve got fresh strawberries,I can add to the pudding right? if cream is called for i,m thinkin a step further, strawberry pudding shots! thank you.
- 1 liter milk
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 2 slices orange rind (stripes)
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 180 g arborio rice
- 3 egg yolks
- baked rhubarb or seasonal poached fruit, to serve
- light cream, to serve (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place milk, sugar, rind, vanilla bean and seeds (or extract) in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Add rice and stir occasionally.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Add yolks one at a time, mixing well.
- Remove from the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove rind and vanilla bean.
- Spoon into bowls and top with rhubarb and cream.