Older than dirt, this recipe was one of the first recipes I made by myself and was I proud when my Father loved it!! Try it you will too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg with wire whisk in large saucepan.
- 2Gradually add milk, beat well until well blended.
- 3Add dry pudding mix, stir 2 minutes or until well blended.
- 4Stir in rice and raisins.
- 5Bring to full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Cool 5 minutes, stir occassionally.
- 8Pour evenly into 10 dessert dishes or into 1 1/2 quart dish.
- 9Place plastic wrap on surface of hot pudding.
- 10Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- 11Stir before serving.
- 12Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg before serving.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.5
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 34.8 mg
- Sodium 120.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 4.7 g