Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Older than dirt, this recipe was one of the first recipes I made by myself and was I proud when my Father loved it!! Try it you will too.
- 1 egg
- 1 quart milk (4 cups)
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup Minute Rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Beat egg with wire whisk in large saucepan.
- Gradually add milk, beat well until well blended.
- Add dry pudding mix, stir 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Stir in rice and raisins.
- Bring to full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool 5 minutes, stir occassionally.
- Pour evenly into 10 dessert dishes or into 1 1/2 quart dish.
- Place plastic wrap on surface of hot pudding.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Stir before serving.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg before serving.