Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This easy to make pie is creamy and perfectly vanilla in every way. It can be made quickly for any occasion or dessert request. It's a favorite among my family.
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) vanilla pudding mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker pie crust
- Mix together pudding mix and milk in a medium sauce pan.
- Turn stove on to medium heat, add butter and vanilla.
- Stir continuously until mixture comes to a rolling boil.
- Carefully pour pudding into ready made crust and allow to cool 20 minutes on the counter before moving it into the fridge.
- Allow pie to set in fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Serve with whip cream!
Its' hard not to like this recipe since its so simple and easy to make, but its GREAT. We used a good quality pudding mix (Dr. Oetker Organic) as well as a high quality vanilla extract. This recipe is awesome as is, and going forward we may use it as a base (ie: adding different extracts, etc.) for different flavors. Made for PAC 2010
My daughter and I wanted to bake something together this holiday season and we came across this. Let me tell you, this is one recipe that WON'T disappoint. It was amazing!
The creamy texture makes this pie! I loved it and so did my friends at work when I brought it in after Christmas! Thanks!