1/2 Photos of Vanilla Pudding Mix
As hard as I tried I could not find a recipe for Vanilla Pudding mix that I could use as a base for other puddings or to add to other recipe's that I wanted to make, yet didn't want to buy a bunch of packages of pudding for. After 5 (yes I said 5) attempts I came up with one that was creamy enough, and tasty enough to call good. This can be made ahead...then just add a few ingredients and you have pudding. Great for gifting and camping...Higher in Calories yet low in sodium and potassium.*** NOTE*** for those missing the flavor of eggs or having problems with this setting up properly ... I found I liked it better when I added two egg yolks slightly beaten and put some of the hot mix in whipped it and added to the pudding mix as it cooked. You are right it adds to the flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first 4 ingredients into a large bowl, mixing well with each addition. Pour into a food processor and process until a fine powder.
- 2At this stage you can put it into a jar with a good seal, label and add a card with the following instructions for gifting, or label it for your own future use.
- 3Over double boiler, with water to boiling stage, put 1 cup of powdered pudding mix into saucepan, slowly adding milk while you stir (I used a whisk for lighter fluffier pudding) Stir constantly for approximately 10-15 minutes or until pudding comes to thickness of your liking. Remove from double boiler, add vanilla and butter, whisk or stir until throughly blended.
- 4Pour into individual serving dishes and refrigerate.
- 6Due to DH illness I used reconstituted dry milk for the 2 c milk, this does affect the flavor slightly.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Pudding Mix
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.7
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 4.1 mg
- Sodium 83.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g