Recipe by R.Lynn
This is so easy, delicious and economical. It makes enough to fill a trifle bowl which is perfect for get togethers and big family dinners! This would probably also work with any berry in season. It can probably also be made with lower fat ingredients to make it lighter. Cook time is chill time.
- 2 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) carton Cool Whip, thawed
- 4 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Fold in condensed milk.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon whipped topping and 2 tablespoons wafer crumbs.
- Fold remaining whipped topping into pudding.
- In a 2 quart serving bowl, layer a third of the strawberries, wafer crumbs and pudding mixture. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with reserved wafer crumbs; top with reserved whipped topping.
- Refrigerate until serving.