1/10 Photos of Vanilla Pudding
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium double boiler, cook sugar, cornstarch, milk and salt. When mixture begins to thicken, add part of mixture to egg yolks; mix well, then pour egg mixture back into mixture in double boiler.
- 2Cook until thick; take off stove, then add butter and vanilla.
- 3You can use as pudding and top with Cool Whip or use pudding with bananas for banana pudding You can also add 2 unsweetened chocolate squares at the beginning and make a chocolate pie or pudding.
- 4For butterscotch pie or pudding, use 3/4 cup light brown sugar firmly packed and 1/4 cup sugar instead of 3/4 cup sugar, then cook as directed.
- 5You can also make a banana plate pie with the vanilla mixture, just cook as directed.
- 6In baked pie shell, line bottom with bananas; pour a layer of pudding, then a layer of ba nanas, then pudding.
- 7You can top with Cool Whip or meringue.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (859 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.9
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 122.7 mg
- Sodium 317.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 30.1 g
- Protein 5.5 g