Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A very easy, sinfully good pound cake. This is wonderful with fresh berries and cream.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Mix sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla in large bowl.
- Beat on low to mix ingredients well.
- Beat on high for 5 minutes.
- On low, add flour and baking powder alternately with milk.
- Beat well after each addition.
- Spoon batter into greased and floured 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake for 65-75 minutes, until a pick comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes; invert onto cake plate.
Obviously in my last review, I had too much rum to spell correctly. It is WONDERFUL, not wonderfl. Do try this with sour cream in lieu of the milk. It is divine. Also, make sure to sift the flour before you mix. It makes all the difference.
I used this recipe for a 6 cup cake mold that had some very intricate details. I noticed that it had a fairly high amount of liquid in it compard to most pound cakes and I was hoping that it would pour. It did perfectly. As an added bonus, the dairy component made the cake brown quicly and perfectly, aiding in an EASY release from it's pan. The finished product was dense, but not overly so, and retained a buttery taste even though it contains about half as much as similar recipes. You have a real winner here! THANKS NEZZ
With just 4 eggs and light eggnog rather than milk, this is a Christmas favorite! LOTS of nutmeg and cinnamon make it perfect for our house. Thanks for an easy recipe. (dark bundt pan = 65 min @ 350)