Recipe by MizzNezz
A very easy, sinfully good pound cake. This is wonderful with fresh berries and cream.
Top Review by Tampa Red
Obviously in my last review, I had too much rum to spell correctly. It is WONDERFUL, not wonderfl. Do try this with sour cream in lieu of the milk. It is divine. Also, make sure to sift the flour before you mix. It makes all the difference.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla in large bowl.
- Beat on low to mix ingredients well.
- Beat on high for 5 minutes.
- On low, add flour and baking powder alternately with buttermilk.
- Beat well after each addition.
- Make sure you end with the dry ingredients.
- Spoon batter into greased and floured 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake for 65-75 minutes, until a pick comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes; invert onto cake plate.