Recipe by Mar~Bear
An old-fashion butter cake is the perfect dessert for a picnic or potluck.
Top Review by thumperchick
Was wonderful! I made this recipe to fill a 3D Ducky cake pan from Wilton. It is dense, delicious, and held together well.
I made 2 changes - I used 5 eggs for moisture & added 1/2 tsp of salt.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine sugar and melted butter in large bowl.Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add eggs,, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla; beat until well mixed.
- Stir together flour and baking powder in small bowl. Gradually add flour mixture alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating at low speed until well mixed.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 10-inch angel food cake pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.