Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Poppy seed cake infused with buttery vanilla glaze and topped with vanilla-flavored raspberry sauce elevates this dessert from "really good" to the "WOW!" category.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 3⁄4 cup melted butter
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F Generously grease and flour 12-cup Bundt pan.
- For the Cake, mix first 8 ingredients in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping sides of bowl. Beat on medium speed 3 minutes. Gently stir in poppy seed. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- For the Glaze, mix confectioner's sugar, water, butter and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract in small saucepan. Bring to boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 1 minute. Remove cake from oven; pierce cake surface deeply with a fork, about every inch. Spoon half of glaze over hot cake in pan. Let stand 10 minutes; invert onto serving plate. Spoon remaining glaze over cake. Cool completely before serving.
- For the Topping, mix raspberries and 1/4 teaspoons vanilla. Spoon sauce over each slice of cake before serving.