Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This may seem like a large amount of vanilla, but it works here. You can serve it plain or fancy it up with whipped cream or ice cream.
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 ounces poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy with an electric mixer.
- Add egg yolks and beat until combined.
- Add sour cream and beat again.
- Mix baking soda into flour.
- Mix flour, vanilla and poppy seeds into butter mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold gently into butter mixture.
- Pour batter into ungreased bundt pan.
- Bake about 1 hour or until tester inserted into cake comes out clean.