Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From an email I received. A sweet and salty popcorn snack...
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 1 (4 inch) vanilla beans, split lengthwise
- 3⁄4 cup unpopped popcorn
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat corn oil in a large pot over medium-high or high heat for a minute.
- Add one kernel of popcorn to the oil. When the kernel pops, pour in the remaining popcorn and the vanilla bean.
- Place a lid on the pot, and shake gently until the corn starts to pop.
- Shake vigorously until the popping subsides.
- Remove from the heat, and pour into a large bowl.
- Remove the vanilla bean from the corn.
- Scrape seeds from the vanilla bean, and mix with sugar.
- Stir sugar, salt and melted butter into the corn until evenly coated, and serve.
This was a great sweet salty snack. I went a little heavy on both sugar and salt. Next time I may throw some roasted peanuts in there.