- 1 large vanilla bean
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups unpeeled pitted plums, halved (about 1 lb)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- cut vanilla bean in half lengthwise.
- Scrape seeds into a small bowl, discard bean (or place in a container of sugar for a very pleasant vanilla scented sugar) Add sugar, and stir well.
- Place plums in a 1 quart baking dish, add sugar mixture and lemon juice, tossing gently to coat.
- Dot with margarine, cover and bake at 400f degrees for 20 minutes or until plums are tender, stirring once.