1/4 Photos of Vanilla-Poached Pineapple Sauce
This uses fresh pineapple. Use the sauce for topping low-fat pound cake or angel food cake, or ice cream. From Cooking Light. Cook time does not include chilling time. As suggested by Wicked cook, adjust the amount of water according to how much syrup you want. As per I'm Pat's suggestion, use the de-seeded vanilla bean to make vanilla sugar. See her review for instructions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut pineapple into quarters lengthwise; cut each quarter crosswise into 1/2-inch slices, and set aside.
- 2Scrap seeds from vanilla bean into a skillet; discard bean (or make vanilla sugar).
- 3Add water, sugar, and ginger root to skillet; stir. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add pineapple slices; cook 8 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 5Pour into a bowl; cover and chill.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla-Poached Pineapple Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: