Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious, elegant, and HEALTHY dessert to serve to your family or friends. Your dinner party guests will be impressed with the appearance of this special dish. Little do they know how easy it was to make! (Cooking time includes cooling time.)
- 4 large pears, halved, peeled, and cored or 8 small ish pears, peeled and left whole
- apple juice, to cover
- 1 1⁄2 inches piece fresh vanilla beans
- ground cinnamon
- mint sprig (to garnish)
- Place the pears in a large saucepan and pour apple juice in to cover the pears.
- Add vanilla bean and bring the pears to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer until tender, being careful not to burn.
- Allow pears to cool, then serve in the center of a dessert plate. Spoon sauce over the pears, then sprinkle with cinnamon powder and garnish with a sprig of mint.
I tried it and it was superb!! So simple and easy yet rich and decadent. It tastes as if there was butter added and there's none! I didn't have vanilla bean so I used vanilla extract to taste. Thanks so much for sharing this gem of a recipe!!
Elegant, easy and delicious! I bought several fresh pears from a farm stand in NY while on vacation. Having never made poached pears before, I was happy to find this recipe. After the pears were tender, I removed them to a serving bowl and reduced the cider until almost syrupy and served that over the pears. My partner and I really liked these! Thank you for sharing!
This is an elegant dessert suitable for dinner guests but simple enough for a weeknight meal. I used red pears and vanilla extract. After cooling the pears, I plated them and then reduced the liquid by half with some cinnamon added. Spoon the sauce and add a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt to complete the presentation. Rave reviews from all and a house that smelled absolutely divine.