Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This Gluten Free Plum Jam is a great way to make use of those sour plums growing on tree in your neighborhood at the end of the Summer season. More information about this recipe and more at <a href="http://www.elanaspantry.com/condiments/vanilla-plum-jam/">www.elanaspantry.com</a>
- 4 cups plums, pitted and halved
- 1⁄2 cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1 tablespoon water
- 10 drops stevia
- 1 vanilla bean
- In a large covered saucepan, bring plums, agave and vanilla bean to a boil.
- Lower heat, uncover pot and simmer 15 minutes, until plums are dissolved (though skins will remain).
- Cook 10 more minutes to reduce mixture, then stir in stevia.
- Remove vanilla bean, place plum mixture in blender and puree on highest setting.
- Transfer mixture back to pot and reheat on stove.
- In a small bowl, combine arrowroot powder and 1 tablespoon water to make a slurry.
- Bring plum mixture to a boil, then add arrowroot slurry, stirring continuously, until incorporated.
- Remove from heat, cool and transfer to mason jars.
- Store in refrigerator for up to one week.