Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Cooking Light December 2005. The magazine suggests serving this over a salad of mixed greens and sliced red onions, topped with toasted walnuts.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pear halves in natural juice, undrained
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- Drain pears, reserving 1/3 cup pear juice.
- Combine pears, juice, vinegar, and remaining ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.
Excellent recipe! I left out the red pepper and added about 2 tsp. of brown sugar. I served a salad of spring greens, gouda cheese, sliced red pears and dried cranberries; so I wanted my dressing a little bit sweeter and this was a perfect fit! The next time I make it, I'm thinking of adding a little nutmeg as well. Thanks for a great vinaigrette!