Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an elegant smoothie, very refreshing.
Make and share this Vanilla-pear Smoothie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium ripe pears, peeled and sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- pear juice or apple juice
- maple syrup
- Combine the pears, lemon juice, vanilla and yogurt in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Use the apple juice or pear nectar to thin the smoothie to the desired consistency.
- Sweeten to taste with maple syrup.
This is delicious! The maple syrup is a nice touch. Thanks for posting this!
Okay, if this was up to me I would give it a 5*, but I made it for my DS's and they thought it was too sour. Pears are mild tasting anyway and it probably the lemon juice that made them pucker. Good pears are impossible to get here, they ripen but instead of sweet and juicy they are flavorless and paste-y tasting(unless I had some of Harry&Davids!). Instead I used unsweetened (of course) canned pears and used the pear juice to thin it down. Not sweet enough for *our*DS's.