1/2 Photos of Vanilla Pear Sauce
Chef #165326's Note:
Delightful change from Applesauce. Very juicy with a nice chunky consistency. Not overly sweet. This is my own creation. Of course you don't have to can this recipe, just stop at #9. It is a simple recipe and easy enough to cut down the amount also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Use a large 6 qt pot.
- 2Cut pears in half, core, peel and cut pears into large chunks.
- 3The pear chunks should fill the pot to 5 quart level at least.
- 4Add water and sugar, (Add 1/2 cup or more sugar if you prefer sweeter flavor).
- 5Bring to boiling point then reduce to low boil.
- 6Stir in vanilla, lemon juice, nutmeg and ground cloves.
- 7Give it the old taste test, adjust sugar and spice if needed.
- 8Cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until pears are very soft and easily mashed to your desirable consistency using a potato masher.
- 9Do not drain off liquid after cooking unless it is a way to watery, keep it juicy now.
- 10Quickly fill sterilized hot (180 degrees) jars to 1/8 inch of rim.
- 11Wipe clean jar rims and threads.
- 12Cover with hot lids (180 degrees) and bands tightened finger tight only.
- 13Process in boiling water 12 minutes.
- 14Note: Make sure the water covers the jars 1 to 2 inches.
- 15Suggestion: While preparing the pears to prevent them from darkening during preparation drop them into a large pot of water with 2 tbs salt, 2 tbs vinegar added to each gallon of water used.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Pear Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.8
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 0.6 g