In 'Williams-Sonoma: Muffins'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil or 1/2 cup walnut oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 -5 firm ripe pears, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped (2 lb.)
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Grease 14 standard muffin cups with butter or butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray; fill the unused cups 1/3 full with water to prevent warping.
- 3Topping--stir together the sugar, walnuts, and cinnamon in a small bowl; set aside.
- 4Muffins--in a bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 5In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, buttermilk, and vanilla until blended.
- 6Add the dry ingredients, stirring just until evenly moistened.
- 7The batter will be slightly lumpy.
- 8Using a large rubber spatula, gently fold in the pears and walnuts just until evenly distributed, no more than a few strokes.
- 9Take care not to break up the fruit; no not overmix.
- 10Spoon the batter into each muffin cup, filling it level with the rim.
- 11Sprinkle the muffins with the topping, dividing it evenly.
- 12Bake until golden, dry, and springy to the touch, 20-25 minutes.
- 13A pick inserted into the center of a muffin should come out clean.
- 14Transfer the pans to a wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes.
- 15Unmold the muffins; serve them warm or at room temperature, with butter.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Pear Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1862 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.8
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 205.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 4.8 g