Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
In 'Snow Country Cooking' by Diane Rossen Worthington/Williams-Sonoma
Make and share this Vanilla Pear Dutch Baby recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a blender or in a bowl, combine the milk, eggs, flour, sugar, vanilla, and orange zest.
- Blend or whisk until smooth.
- Add the pear pieces and stir to combine.
- Put the butter in a 10-inch pie dish or ovenproof frying pan and place in the oven to melt.
- Remove from the oven and, using a paper towel or pastry brush, brush the inside of the dish or pan to coat it evenly with the butter.
- Pour in the batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Decrease the temperature to 350° and bake until golden brown and well puffed, about 15 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and dust the top generously with the powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately directly from the dish or pan.