Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Wonderful taste on toast or even ice cream
Make and share this Vanilla Peach Jam recipe from Food.com.
- 5 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 cups fresh peaches
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 3⁄4 ounces pectin
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Peel, pit and chop peaches.
- In saucepan combine peaches,lemon juice, and pectin.
- Cook over high heat stir constantly about 5 minutes or until full rolling boil.
- Stir in sugar.
- Return to a full rolling boil.
- Boil hard for (1) minute stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract and bourbon (bourbon is optional).
- Skim off foam.
- Ladle in hot sterilzed jars process in boiling bath 5 minutes.
This is good stuff! Much more interesting than plain peach jam. It was delicious over vanilla icecream and followed by chocolate syrup. Yum!
I made this without the bourbon and it still tastes great. I would describe it as more of a thick sauce than a jam, as it calls for 2 more cups of peaches than the pectin box jam recipe.
My 1st time making peach jam. Wanted an unusual one, I got it. Didn't have bourbon so I used caramel apple rum and homemade vanilla. Made 2 batches. Second one may be thicker but no matter, it tastes wonderful! Thanks for makin my 1st time with peaches a great one. Oh, I heaped up my pectin when I measured it as I buy it in bulk and it's easy to add a little more if I think I need it.