Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
The minute I got these ingredients it was down the hatch! Adjust the amount of lime and mint to your personal taste. These are amazing and refreshing!
- 2 ounces white rum
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 fluid ounce lime juice, a good glug
- 4 ounces passion fruit juice
- 3 -4 mint sprigs, plus more for garnish
- 1 drop vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Muddle mint springs, vanilla and sugar together.
- Place in cocktail shaker half filled with ice.
- Add rum and juices and shake 10 times.
- Strain into glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with mint.
This drink is a great chick drink because if you follow the directions exactly, you don't taste the alcohol at all. Mine was gone in about 2 minutes, and I am NOT much of a drinker. Before you have to look up how to "muddle" some of the ingredients, it basically means you smash them together in the bottom of the cup.
Oh, this is yummy! I think the vanilla really adds something. I also added vanilla sugar that I had made. I thought the lime and rum amounts were right on. I had to add a bit more sugar and some sparkling water though, since I used a passionfruit concentrate.
This was a nice variant of the traditional mojito. I had passion fruit nectar that I had used in a cooking recipe that I needed to use up and this was a good way to do so. I halved the sugar to 1/2 Tb as I don't like my drinks too sweet. I used 10 Cane Rum from Trinidad. Thanks for posting. Made for ZWT5.